Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oreo Cookie Cake

OK, so I don't like to bake. Sometimes I enjoy cooking if there aren't any kids whining in the background, but baking is not really my thing. Unfortunately for me, my husband has a big sweet tooth, so I have to make an effort sometimes. One of his favorite sweets is Oreo Cookies, so I came up with this idea to make for his birthday cake. I do like to design things, so I was happy with how it came out. It actually tasted good too.

I found the recipe below online and then added some oreos, white icing, and black and white candles. It looked cute and tasted great.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/krissys-easy-chocolate-triple-layer-pie/detail.aspx

Krissy's Easy Chocolate Triple Layer Pie

recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: Krissy Terwilliger (Jinkerson)
Photo By: Carley
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 4 Hours 10 Minutes
Servings: 8
"This is the best and easiest chocolate pie ever. There never are any leftovers!"
Ingredients:
2 cups cold milk
2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant chocolate
pudding mix
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
, chocolate
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped
topping, thawed
1/2 cup chocolate shavings
Directions:
1. In a large bowl, mix milk and pudding. Beat with wire whisk for 1 minute. Spoon 1 1/2 cups of pudding into graham cracker crust.
2. Gently fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping into remaining pudding. Spread this mixture over the pudding layer in crust. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with chocolate shavings and cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2012 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 1/11/201

No comments:

Post a Comment